If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.
Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.
Good Essay Writing demonstrates how to think critically and formulate your argument as well as offering water-tight structuring tips, referencing advice and a word on those all too familiar common worries – all brought to life through real student examples from a range of subjects.
- New essay examples are analysed and discussed, so you have a clear understanding of what makes a good essay
- A new chapter on essay writing skills and other forms of social science writing, helping you transfer the skills you learn to different types of written assessments
- A new Companion Website providing additional exercises and examples, helping you practice and apply the skills.
The essays can be the most important components of your application.
It’s a chance to add depth to something that is important to you and tell the admissions committee more about your background or goals. Test scores only tell part of your story, and we want to know more than just how well you work. We want to see how you actually think.
123 Main Street
New York, NY 10001
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00AM–3:00PM
An academic essay aims to persuade readers of an idea based on evidence.
- An academic essay should answer a question or task.
- It should have a thesis statement (answer to the question) and an argument.
- It should try to present or discuss something: develop a thesis via a set of closely related points by reasoning and evidence.
- An academic essay should include relevant examples, supporting evidence and information from academic texts or credible sources.